Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BlogSpam

So, my enthusiasm to update this blog at least once daily, as I've done for the past 2+ years, has waned considerably after the recent onslaught of spam just suffocating the comments here. I've spent a lot of time going back and deleting it, and trying to combat it, but Google doesn't seem too interested in actually helping block spam here. So I've basically had to limit comments here to about zero, which defeats the whole purpose of the blog--I like the feedback and the give-and-take, and losing that is a bit deflating. So I'm looking into moving it over to Wordpress, but the functionality doesn't seem as instantly easy to jump into, so it might take me some time to actually get it running properly. So I'll be back soon in some form or other. Meanwhile, this blog's looking like yet another casualty of Google's "couldn't care less" approach to spam-blocking, which is a shame.

UPDATE 4.7.10: Everything is importing into WordPress as I type this, so I'll be back up and running very soon.

No comments: